Happy new year to you and a warm welcome to 2018. I hope you enjoyed the festive season and The Big Fat Jolly Fella in a Red Suit brought you all the go-fast bits your heart desired. This year is sure to bring some interesting moments for our family as we welcomed a newcomer; a beautiful girl called Elise. She’s bright and cheeky with lots of spunk, and does she love to boogie! Phil taught her all her dance moves. I can’t wait for you to meet her at Sandown.
Introducing the MSCA outright Champion
As you know the fastest outright time of the day for each round is acknowledged in my event wrap ups. The MSCA committee thought it would be a good idea to formalise this and the notion of an Outright Champion was developed. This Championship is awarded to the fastest driver of the year. So how will it work?
The rules of Outright Championship:
- The fastest 10 competitors at each event will be awarded points from 10 to 1.
- Points will accumulate during the season.
- All rounds, except Rob Roy, count for the championship.
- The Event Secretary is the Judge of Fact.
- An Outright Champion trophy will be awarded to the winner at the MSCA presentation night.
- The winner will have the option of using No. 1 on their car for the following season.
- The Championship is not open to regularity entrants.
Our 2018 season kicks off with a hillclimb at Rob Roy on Sunday 21 January. This is also a round of the Victorian Hillclimb championship which is sure to bring out some great cars. Why not challenge yourself and take on the mighty hill or pop in, soak up the nostalgic atmosphere and cheer on your MSCA mates. The event is listed under the MG Car Club on the CAMS event entry site: Trydel Vic Hillclimb Championship Rd 2 (inc MSCA).
Entries are now open for Sandown on Sunday 18 February. Traditionally this is a popular event so Sprinters get in early! It’s a good chance to shake down your car after all that holiday tinkering.
I look forward to seeing you at our next event.