MSCA Come & Try Track Days
MSCA was founded over 50 years ago as a way of enabling clubs to run track days. We are focused on grassroots motorsport and are known for delivering professionally run track events. Our culture is one of inclusivity, friendliness, and respect.
MSCA has been running successful Come & Try Days for the past seven years, with over 700 drivers participating in the program in both Victoria and South Australia. The ethos behind our Come & Try Day is to introduce new drivers to circuit sprinting in a safe, fun, and educational way.
Over the past two years approximately 25% of our entrants were women and we hope to achieve similar numbers year on year. The Come & Try Day has a dedicated ladies group which is designed for women looking to get a start in a calmer environment. MSCA’s Petrina Astbury’s own experience of getting on the track was a daunting one and is one of the many reasons we are passionate advocates for supporting women in our sport.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATING IN A MSCA COME & TRY DAY
- Opportunity to drive on an international standard race track in a fun and safe environment
- Fast track your development with educational and on-track instructor sessions
- Experience a day with like-minded individuals in a friendly club environment
WHAT HAPPENS AT A MSCA COME & TRY DAY
- Drivers briefing notes
- Correct seating position
- Braking and cornering
- Driving lines
- What’s next
Our instructors are handpicked from our pool of experienced competitors based on competence, attitude, and communication skills. Where we can, we match our instructors to entrants with similar cars and to ensure we are maintaining consistency in our safety standards, we conduct annual professional development sessions with our instructors. Your instructor will guide you at your level.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Covers from ankles to neck to wrists
- Non-flammable material (clothing of flammable, synthetic material such as nylon is not acceptable)
- Helmet as per A or B of Schedule D of the Motorsport Australia Manual.
- If you need further clarification, please contact us on: email@example.com
- We do have a small amount of loan helmets available if required, please contact us prior to the event at firstname.lastname@example.org for details
- Your own car, with a compliant passenger seat
- You do not need a race car to participate in a MSCA Come & Try Day
- Tow hooked fitted to your vehicle is recommended
- Metal valve caps
- Full tank of fuel
- Food, water, and snacks for the day
- A willingness to learn and have fun!
Classroom activity begins: 8:45am
Track activity begins: 9:00am
Lunch: Approx 12:30pm – 1:10pm
Track activity concludes: 4:30pm
$150 for juniors under the age of 18
HOW TO ENTER
Step 1: Sign up for or log in to the Motorsport Australia Portal
Please note, you do not need a licence to register for this event, this is included in your entry fee and will be provided to you on the day. This provided licence is for non-licence holders only, you will not be provided a free licence if you already have one.
Step 2: Select Event Entry from the menu
Step 3: Select + NEW ENTRY
Step 4: Select VIC and find the event “MSCA All Come & Try Day PI 2 December 2023”
Step 5: Select NEXT and follow the instructions to register your entry
Step 6: Await confirmation that you have been successfully registered for this event
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com and we can assist in your entry.